HurricaneView is a tool designed to automatically download and save images of tropical storm regions so they can be viewed as a time-lapse movie in a loop.
When HurricaneView is active, it will record satellite images of storm regions at regular intervals. Any hurricanes occurring will be caught and played back in almost real time.
Unlike hurricane loops you see on TV or some web sites which show just a short loop that encompasses the last few hours of the storm, with HurricaneView you can have hours, days, or even weeks of images saved and watched as a loop, showing you the whole lifecycle of a hurricane.
HurricaneView has two main modes. The main view is where you can see the storm loops in detail and control what and how you want to view them.
In the thumbnail mode, HurricaneView will sit as a small (resizable) transparent window unobtrusively at the corner (or anywhere) of your screen. You can keep an eye on the current storms as you work on your computer.
This is similar to how the news channels show current storms at the bottom corner of the screen, but now you can have it your your desktop.
» version 1.2 - posted on 2006-09-09
Supports multicolour infrared satellite images in addition to the monocolour images, improved handling of obsolete images, minor UI improvements
EULA - End User License Agreement
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
for Robomagic Corp, HurricaneView
IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY NOW
This License Agreement is a legal agreement between the user and Robomagic Corp for the software accompanying this file. By using this product, you agree to the terms of this agreement.
SOFTWARE PRODUCT LICENSE
This product is protected by international copyright laws.
> This agreement grants you the following rights:
- You may install and use the product for evaluation. If you like the program and decide to use it, you must register it. Registering HurricaneView will entitle you for free on-line support, notification of fixes and improvements, and a registration code that will remove the limitations on the usage of the product. If you decide to use the product after a 30 day trial period, you must register and pay a licensing fee. Not doing so is in violation of international copyright laws.
- You may reproduce and distribute this product provided that copies are not altered in any way. Copies of this product may be distributed only as a standalone product. You may not charge a fee for the distribution of this product other than the charges incurred for the copying and distribution process.
> Other limitations:
- You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble this product.
- This software is licensed as a single item. Its component parts may not be separated for use on more than one computer.
- You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this agreement, provided the recipient agrees to the same terms
- Without prejudice to any other rights, Robomagic Corp may terminate this agreement if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the product.
- You will receive a one time registration code when you pay the licensing fee. Robomagic Corp may ask for proof of payment if you misplace and forget your registration code and request another one.
> COPYRIGHT. All title and copyrights in and to HurricaneView (including but not limited to any images, photographs, animations, video, audio, music, text, and other components are owned by Robomagic Corp. HurricaneView is protected by international copyright laws.
> WARRANTY. This software product is provided "as is" with no express or implied warranty of any kind. There is no warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement.
Use of information obtained via the services provided is at the individual's or organization's own risk. The individual or organization is solely responsible for actions taken based on the information reported by this software.
> LIABILITY. Robomagic Corp does not accept any liability for damages to persons or goods (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss) caused by direct or implied consequences of the use of this software, nor damages caused by actions or inactions taken by the user or users of this software upon interpretation or misinterpretation of the information presented.
This product is intended for informational purposes only!
For emergency situations and decisions, please refer to your local Emergency Management Office.
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT TO DETERMINE RISKS
ALWAYS FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITIES!
Robomagic Corp shall not be liable for indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, consequential, or any other form of damages, including, but not limited to lost profits, or for the loss of data or information of any kind, however caused, and arising out of or in connection with the performance or the provision of service by Robomagic Corp whether based in contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not Robomagic Corp have been made aware of the possibility of such damages.